Wednesday, July 21, 2010

STORMY NIGHT TALKS



Rain droplets begin their dance outside,
With every resounding blow of thunderclap.
Plants and trees sway in delightful rhythm,
While I sit, staring blankly on the wall,
Feeling neither sorrow nor joy inside.

Year after year, my heart has ripened,
With the sweet and bitter lullaby of life.
Through thick and thin, I've stayed undaunted,
Yet blood isn't always thicker than water,
My fortress now taunted by a forebear's shadow.

As I watch the movie of my own life,
My toils don't depict a seasoned veteran.
Rather, it's the beginning of a twilight race,
Where unturned stones scatter along my path,
And adversity whispers tales of strife.

No more do I hear the dance of rain droplets,
Nor the echo of thunderclaps in the air.
The night stands still in its silent embrace,
As I sit and gaze blankly on the wall,
Hoping in life's race, I'm never too late.

No comments: