PROLOGUE

A Man Called Me
A Memoir in Verse

The Man Called Me

I

All of my days flew like a fleeting breeze
From carefree youth to times like these
Once just a boy beneath the skies so wide
The man who stood along with time as guide

This mirror now shows a much wiser face
Marred by years no one can ever replace
Never to see so clearly life’s halfway sign
Too busy with the race of clocks and time

The days came to a halt as I turned around
The path that I have lost, gladly I have found
Careless tales woven under light and shade
Looking for joy where sorrows once laid

Underneath a storm, I have made it through
Those moments are painting something true
No hands can change what comes before
Now that the ink is dry, it writes no more

In each and every life that is wild and wide
There are footprints that lurk on the side
Although certain remains forget not a pain
Victory comes in when pain loses its name

To begin a tale of life's story like a song
Of where I've been, be it right or wrong
Painstaking it seems, yet it can set free
Hence, the story of The Man Called Me

Ulysses C. Ybiernas

In the rich tapestry of our reality, there’s a world brimming with exploration, discovery, and revelation, all fueled by our restless curiosity. In my own humble way, I aim to entertain and enlighten, sharing insights on a wide array of topics that spark your interest. From the mundane to the extraordinary, I invite you to journey with me, where the sky is the limit, and every thread of discussion, holds the potential to satisfy your curiosity.

Previous Post Next Post